I am currently undertaking a practice based PhD at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, supervised by Prof. Alistair MacDonald and Dr Diana Salazar.
The works I have created towards the Phd so far include:
- Tide Times
- Breathing Space (for tuba and electronics)
- …shadows that in darkness dwell… (for counter-tenor, recorder, theorbo and baroque cello).
My current focus is on considering listening experience and how I. as composer, can shape this. I have done this through interactive work, site-responsive work and concert work.
PhD Related Publications:
- I have written about Mechanical in the Scottish Journal of Performance.
- Laura Bissell and I wrote about Tide Times in the Body, Space & Technology Journal.
- I wrote about Fata Morgana in the proceedings of Innovation in Music II